Tuesday 1 September 2009

Casting Off for France

No posts for a couple of weeks as I will be heading for the M6 down country. Hopefully not in the above direction, as that is going north (note to self, must remember to turn right). I used to travel from Junction 36 up to Carlisle a lot in a previous job. If it is possible to have a nice section of the motorway, this is it, not too busy and good views. On a sunny day with some good music it is quite relaxing, (or perhaps that was because I had escaped from the office). Maybe spotting a walker making their way up hill going over the highest point of Shap and the odd buzzard hovering in the sky would lift the heart. The distant hill in the photo is before you get to Shap and is part of the Howgills which spans the Cumbria and Yorkshire borders. Until the weather of July and August turned into a deluge, we had great plans for doing a lot of walking in this area for a change, maybe next year.
That's next year, but for now I am looking forward to the ferry casting off from Portsmouth to set sail for France, yippee, (I'm cheating a bit with this photo as it was taken as we left Tynemouth a couple of years ago). I love arriving on islands and countries by boat.

1 comment:

~JarieLyn~ said...

Have a fabulous time, and take lots of photos. I look forward to hearing about your travels when you come back.