Tuesday 23 May 2017

Timber Trees and Tractors

A beech tree felled because of its decayed core is neatly sliced and gives the passer by its last hurrah with a golden red glow, almost the colour of its autumn leaves.  I wonder if a local woodturner is going to be a lucky recipient of some of this timber.

The farmers are busy at this time of year
and this one in his tractor was spreading fertilizer while his dog burned up energy covering more distance than him racing up and down the field.  The white blossom of the hawthorn trees can be seen scattered over the Lickle Valley, although as the morning was full of heavy showers of rain they don't stand out as much as they do in reality.  If I had only taken my walk in what turned out to be a sunny afternoon
like this one was.  Tranquil Broughton Towers pond but I didn't sit on the seat for it was more interesting at the waters edge where the tadpoles were in perpetual motion unlike 
this piece of machinery which looks to be more greenhouse than tractor. 

An entry to ABC Wednesday, a journey through the alphabet, this week sojourning at T here
 

10 comments:

Photo Cache said...

Beautiful rural landscape.

My ABC WEDNESDAY

Anonymous said...

so peaceful

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely landscape photos ~ thanks,


Happy Week ahead to you

MelodyK said...

Lovely choice for t but the views are stunning!

Have a nice ABC-day / week
Melody (team ABC-W)
Preview Round 21 starting july 12th :

Roger Owen Green said...

TOO bad, but so it goes (and grows)
ROG, ABCW

Hildred said...

Great photos and a good choice for T!

Klara S said...

Greenhouse tractor looks sad :( I like picture with bench the most. The composition is good and reflection very pretty. Colour of timber tree is beautiful, but I feel sorry for it.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

what caused the rot?

betty-NZ said...

It always makes me sad when I see mature trees cut down, even though I know there's a reason for it. I agree about the woodturner, that would be great.
I had to laugh about the tractor covered in vines as there was a truck down the road in a similar situation for about a year.

Gattina said...

I love these patchwork landscapes !!!