Tuesday 20 July 2010

ABC Wednesday - Activity

Are you ready for some aerobic activity?  Not aquarobics, this canal water might be nice for Anas platyrhynchos (Mallard)  but a bit murky for my taste.  But notice our mariner has a bike at the ready on the front.
A perfect way to journey through the countryside.  This old railway line would give a great non impact aerobic workout improving the distribution and consumption of oxygen and so improve the hear rate.  Not to mention enhance well being.

Unfortunately I have no pictures of Aqua-cycles but if your legs need a rest what about a canoe.  This was a team relay race on the River Severn. For a real work out maybe a team game of
Rugby League if you want an adversary and if you don't mind being battered and bruised.  A mix of aerobic and anaerobic and an action packed game for the spectator.

Relaxing to be spectators by accident as we sat on a rock in the sunshine, having a late lunch on the mountain side, and watched the participants on the Walna Scar track in the last stage of the triathlon a 9km run down to Coniston. They had already swum the lake for 1.5 km and taken a 28 km bike ride.  These were the stragglers but the ones in front looked remarkable fresh.
Later in the day these two were out for a bit of activity, a chat and a run. Fell running is a popular sport in the area and this is a nice soft track for training.
The perfect aerobic activities are cycling, swimming, rowing, running, walking and hiking. So lastly some walkers coming down Wetherlam, the reward, to go up again to Swirl How to get to the next peak, a bit of agility required to negotiate the rocks.  Some people are more adept than others in bouncing from rock to rock.

Are you ready to strap on your trainers or do you just feel like a nice sit down


when you can throw a ball at a dog and watch

its anticipation before bounding off.  Dogs are big on activity.


The abode of ABC Wednesday and its many participants can be found here.  There will be lots more

words starting with A.

17 comments:

photowannabe said...

Absolutely terrific post today for the letter A.
I'm afraid I am in the sedentary mode of action today. Its such too hot to do much else.

Mara said...

The only action I get up to nowadays is ironing my work shirts that I wear while cycling to work. Which is tiring enough in the heat we're having right now!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this wonderful escape ! Please have you all a nice Wednesday.

daily athens

Sylvia K said...

What a great collection of A words for the beginning of the 7th Round of ABC! That's a lot of action! And your photos are terrific! Enjoy your week!

Sylvia
ABC Team

Dimple said...

This is a good collection of Activities and A's!

Roger Owen Green said...

Awash in activities, I see!

welcome-ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Gayle said...

I don't think I'd attempt a triathalon, but a leisurely hike along the hillside would suit me fine. Judging from your photos, looks like there are some pretty views.

Tumblewords: said...

Energetic A's! Great photos...

mrsnesbitt said...

So nice to see homely trritory! Welcome aboard!

Denise

MorningAJ said...

Amazing assortment!

Unknown said...

All this activity has giving me anhelation!! Dare I say "I an anhelated."?
But an astounding and outstanding contribution to ABC Wednesdays, thank you!

Helen Mac from Michigan and the ABC Wednesday team

jabblog said...

Great post! Just the sort of activities my husband loves and I don't - (because I haven't tried them and am never likely to . . . ;-/)
Wonderful photos, as ever :-)

Dani said...

Being lazy these days, this reminded me to do more activity. Thank you very much.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Abundant in A's, I would say here at this post! Great way to start!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

activities in your post are fabulous, or wholesome,
what handsome post.

Cheryl said...

I'm exhausted! I can't believe you captured all of those activities and posted them in one place. What a fabulous start to ABC.

Vinay Leo R. said...

very nice photographs.. and u mingled the A words very nicely! :)