Tuesday 10 January 2017

Autumn Display

I saw this artistic autumn display at the Beetham Garden Centre back in October and couldn't resist a photograph.  Now I'm wishing I'd taken some pictures of the mounds and varieties of the new season English apples on display nearby to complete this entry, it was an apple lovers delight.  This was our last stop on a round of garden centres looking for a particular plant. I'm easily diverted in a 'oh look pretty plant' type of buying but my companion was on a mission for a type of camellia. We called it a day here as the Beetham Garden Centre, their tea shop was calling. 
We'd had no success here earlier in the day, this is the giant Hayes Garden Centre in Ambleside which is Christmas decorations central in autumn so the crowds were inside, it was rather peaceful out here among the plants, just the splashing of the fountain.  It was interesting to see that the globe view is a version of McArthur’s Universal Corrective Map with Australia on the top, no longer down under.

While looking back to autumn in winter thoughts turn to spring 
Camellia japonica 'Sacco Vera' (CC Andrea Moro, Dept of Life Science, Trieste University)
An entry to ABC Wednesday, a journey through the alphabet, this week sojourning at A here

7 comments:

Leslie: said...

Beautiful gardens! I just might AMBLE up your way next time I'm over in England. Want to go to the Lake District after a stop in Liverpool again to visit Di (from ABCW).

Leslie
abcw team

katie eggeman said...

I had a camellia bush outside my bedroom window growing up. Was disappointed when the new owners pulled it out.
KatieBankerchick

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

what are those red berries.

MelodyK said...

Lovely display...so colorful and warm

The other photo's are beautiful too


Have a nice ABC-Wednesday / _ Week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc=w=team)
http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-20a/

Roger Owen Green said...

You have the whole world there!
ROG, ABCW

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love the autumn display. I wish I had a red chair just like that out on my porch.

likeschocolate said...

Such lovely garden displays. Hope you are having a great week so far!