Tuesday 15 August 2017

Fishing

I'm continuing my nautical theme from last week but this time watching the fishing boats come home. Here the Fran Leon III is entering Wicklow Harbour on the south east coast of Ireland, the last of the fleet to come into port.
 The day was hot and hazy with the sea like glass, the only ripple on the water was from the ship's wake.
The other fishing boats had already tied up
and the catch had been sealed and stacked ready to be taken away.


An entry to ABC Wednesday, a journey through the alphabet, this week anchored at F here


5 comments:

Photo Cache said...

Such a good entry for F.

My ABC WEDNESDAY

Deepa said...

I have never gone fishing. Sigh!
Lovely picture

Click Here to see what Mrs. Dash Says

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful and colorful nautical photos for F ~ love the fishing boat ~ ^_^

ABC-Wednesday said...

Not my kind of sports but my Husband likes it...

Fish, I like to look at it in our tank and pond in the garden... and eat the other kind, which come from the oceans ;-0

Have a wonderful ABC=day / -week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc=w=team)
http://melodymusic.nl/21-f/

Roger Owen Green said...

Let's eat fish at the tavern!
ROG, ABCW