Tuesday 5 May 2009

ABC Wednesday - P

Blencathra

P is for Path


They can show you a way down a ridge or take you to a view. Give you a choice of straight up a hill or winding round. You can see that numerous footsteps in the following photo have probably preferred the straight up option as that is the wider path on Ben Rinnes, maybe it keeps the gasping for breath to a minimum.

They can take you through fields of summer grain


or past May blossom
Or take you to visit curious stones



Lead you down wide hills to forests

and into dappled shade
Of course paths in woods are mysterious things who may have a mind of their own. Sometimes they are wide and sure, sometimes they appear and disappear and sometimes there are too many; which one to choose?

Perhaps follow a path by a stream, I seem to remember that is a survival tip if you get lost.


Now we come to the end of my paths for today and what is nicer than walking on a warm sunny day with the miles behind you as you come down to the end
and knowing there is a cold drink waiting for you in the Pub
For more Ps pop over to Mrs Nesbitt's ABC Wednesday

10 comments:

Mara said...

That last photo clinched the deal for me: I love paths (especially with a pub waiting at the end)!

Marie Reed said...

What a nice blog hike this was along your pretty path!

Reader Wil said...

Thank you for the walk along all those paths!

photowannabe said...

Very original post for P. I love all the different paths and different directions they take. Nice photos too.

Unknown said...

I love the word path. It always makes me think of Robert Frosts poem:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

gone to the dogs said...

I love walking and light hiking more than any other activity. These pictures made me want to travel the paths...and enjoy an ale ( and I like mine cold) at that pub.

Powell River Books said...

Paths are great to walk, but pubs are best if you want to hike a brew. My contribution this week is a pool. I invite you to come over and float around on my pool toy. - Margy

spacedlaw said...

Nice collection of paths!

Bradley Hsi said...

Very nice post, I especially like where it ends at a Pub. Beautiful photographs.

Pamposh Dhar said...

What a wonderful idea for P! Paths are so important in life, and sometimes so full of the promise of things to come. The pub at the end of this particular journey was a verrry nice touch. :)

Pamposh from the ABC Team