Monday 17 August 2009

Japanese Literature Challenge

I've joined Dolce Bellezza's Japanese Literature Challenge Number 3 which is to read one book of Japanese origin within the time period July 30 to January 30 2010 and post a review. I don't normally join reading challenges because I have the attention span of a gnat and the mood of the moment tends to guide my reading choices, but this challenge seems like an attainable and fun one, even for me.

Japan and its culture is fascinating but most of the literature I have read in the past has been poetry. By coincidence I did read Haruki Murakami's 'Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World", and posted a short review in January. I enjoyed this so may choose one of his other novels but Dolce Bellazza has provided a temping list of books, who knows I may read more than one.

2 comments:

Q said...

I shall be looking forward to your review. Always delightful to be introduced to new literature. I read "East Wind Melts the Ice" a couple of years ago and so enjoyed it. Not really Japanese literature since Lisa Dalby lives in the US but I learned lots about the Geisha and Japanese culture.
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Joy! It's so nice to meet you, and I'm glad you've decided to participate. My goal was to make it easy enough to accomplish, but still entice us to read more than one if possible. I'm off to add you to the Review Site now.