Monday 31 May 2010

Unexpected

 Sometimes you can walk on a familiar path, and then notice something and think

has that always been there, or have I just never noticed it. An inventive way to close the gap in a dry stone wall and of course a photo opportunity.
After a walk on a warm day head for an ice cream from Haverigg Beach Cafe and an unexplained flag. A Quality Coast award for 2010.  I had to look it up on the net which tells me it is the environmental charity Keep Britain Tidy award.  There were lots of peole enjoying the tidy beach. This is the path along the top where you can sit and eat your ice cream while gazing out to sea.
Trying out the macro of my new camera on the peony which this year is unexpectedly perky after its mulch but due more I think to a prolonged period of dry weather and no stormy winds.

No comments: