Wednesday 8 June 2011

Harmonic Fields

I posted the pictures from the Harmonic Fields event (an artistic installation of aeolian wind powered instruments, a soundscape) yesterday, but there were not only wind catchers but lots of lovely signs.
I appeared to be the only person taking photos of them, now I am sure if the participants of the Lesley's Signs, Signs meme had have been there it would have been a different story.
The signs were everywhere,  most with the different winds of the world like
the "Pampero, westerly wind in the Rio de la Plata", then underneath the musical term 'presto'.  And some more esoteric words
like Labyrinth, well actually Labyrinthe, the French spelling for the the art company are French. This sign stands on part of a limestone pavement, a geological feature of the location of Birkrigg Common.
An entry to Signs, Signs

14 comments:

Pat said...

What a cool place to visit! To bad the sign guy had to look like Mr. Potato Head!

VioletSky said...

I thought I commented on your last post... maybe it got lost in the wind and music.
According to the first sign it as only up for 2 days?! Such a short time for such an event.

Lesley said...

Oh yes, I think we would have had a field day!
(pun intended!)

Anonymous said...

fun place.

EG CameraGirl said...

You not only had a great time at the event but you have made two fun posts out of it! I wish I had been there. :)

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such creative, unusual signs! Wind and music sounds like fun!

Postcardy said...

the event and signs both are really unusual.

genie said...

Wow! This is fabulous. I would love to have been there. The signs are wonderful. The one of the violins is my favorite because I play one. Love your post this week.

Carolyn said...

nice capture and the place is very tempting to visit :-) MY SIGN,SIGN HERE hope you can visit

Anonymous said...

A very cool collection of signs, I really like the faces.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a great festival; would love to be there.

Luna Miranda said...

these are amazing signs. the Labyrinthe is my favorite.

Kim, USA said...

I noticed the signs are put in places that we don't expect they are there. Great find!

Signs

Francisca said...

These signs are almost as unique as the installation itself.

[After reading all the comments I realize the message of my sign is not so obvious. It's a poop and scoop reminder, with notice that there's a Euro 36 fine for failure to do so. :-D ]